Opportunities and Risks in Digital Financial Services, Consumer Protection and Data Privacy
This year’s Forum is hosted by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), preceding the Forum and Plenary of the G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion (GPFI) on 2-4 May 2017 in Berlin. The Forum is co-organized by The Better Than Cash Alliance, Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP), Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, International Finance Cooperation (IFC), United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) and the World Bank.
The RFF will discuss customer data protection and privacy issues against the background of the continuous, rapid digitization in the financial sector and the changing landscape of financial service providers. The current advances in data-enabled financial services delivery raise important opportunities and risks for low-income consumers in developing countries, as new types of data are used on a new, massive scale and new business models depend on the use and commercialization of data in a new fashion.
Keep monitoring this page for the latest updates.
The Forum Starts in:
The agenda is designed to explore private and public sector insights, opportunities and emerging solutions related to Consumer Protection and Data Privacy. You can find the most up-to-date agenda here: RFF-2017 Agenda as of 3-16-2017
For information on the venue, location, accommodation, transportation and visa requirements please consult the General Information about the RFF-2017.
- Conference Fees: there is no registration fee for the event. We highly encourage participants and speakers to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
- Visa Arrangements: Please note that participants should make their own visa arrangements. Not sure whether you will need a visa? Check the Visa Regulations.
- Travel expenses: We highly encourage participants and speakers to cover their own travel expenses. For additional inquiries , please contact us.
- Speaker Bio and Photo: please email a high-resolution photo and a 100-word bio to GIZ: email@example.com
- Register by April 1st: email GIZ for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
The seventh annual Responsible Finance Forum was held in Xi’an, China. The Topics were Responsible Finance Inclusion and Digital Innovation: Focus on Asia. See this report or the video summary below for more details.
Explore more forums >>>