The Roadmap for the Future of Impact Investing: Reshaping Financial Markets presents a vision for more inclusive and sustainable financial markets and articulates a plan for impact investing to lead progress toward this future. Specifically, the Roadmap details six categories of action to drive progress toward the vision. For each category, the Roadmap describes specific actions needed, which stakeholders should lead on these actions, and a timeframe. Enacting the plan will require collective action by leaders from the entire impact investing ecosystem.
The six categories of action:
- Strengthen the identity of impact investing by establishing clear principles and standards for practice
- Change the paradigm that governs investment behavior and expectations about the responsibility of finance in society via asset owner leadership and updated finance theory
- Design tools and services that support the incorporation of impact into the routine analysis, allocation, and deal-making activities of investors
- Develop products suited to the needs and preferences of the full spectrum of investors, from retail to institutional and of various types of investees
- Increase supply of trained investment professionals and pipeline of investment-ready enterprises through targeted professional education
- Introduce policies and regulation that both remove barriers and incentivize impact investments
The Roadmap was developed with the input of more than 350 individuals operating in the impact investing ecosystem around the world as well as from extensive desk research into progress in the field to date. The Roadmap was produced in consultation with The Monitor Institute by Deloitte and with generous support from The Rockefeller Foundation.
Originally posted on GIIN‘s webpage.