- This event has passed.
RESPONSIBLE FINANCE FOR DIGITAL INCLUSION: INVESTING FOR IMPACT
April 3 - April 4
- IFC and SPTF Social Investor Working Group held the Investor Forum on April 3-4, 2019, entitled “Responsible Finance for Digital Inclusion: Investing for Impact”.
- Participants shared investment lessons in social performance and impact management, recent strategies for digital transformation, and latest developments in impact investing tools for financial inclusion and the larger impact space–critical to achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Investors in financial inclusion and digital financial services (DFS) showed how risks were being addressed with the growth of DFS opportunities, and investment experiences were shared by co-founding and new Signatories of the Investor Guidelines for investing in Responsible Digital Financial Services.
AGENDA & TAKEAWAYS
- Day 1 on Wednesday, April 3 (9:00am-5:30pm). Social Performance Management and Strategies for Digital Transformation: Participants shared current lessons in social performance management, impact investing tools for financial inclusion in the morning. The afternoon covered recent strategies for digital transformation, culling latest evidence from Africa and other market leaders who are shaping the business case for digital financial inclusion.
- Wednesday Evening, April 3 (5:30pm-7:30pm), Welcome and Networking@Nite for Investor Forum participants, hosted at the IFC Atrium, 2121 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.
- Day 2 on Thursday, April 4 (9:00am-4:30pm). Responsible Investing for Digital Financial Services and Investing for Impact: Investors in financial inclusion, technology and digital financial services (DFS) discussed ways to address new risks they are facing in a rapidly evolving digital finance landscape. Widespread adoption of digital finance is driving the growth of emerging market economies, and investments across all sectors. Leading investors shared perspectives and their role as individual institutions and partners investing for sustainable growth and broader impacts.
- Thursday, April 4 (4:30pm-5:30pm). Investor Roundtable Meeting and Next Steps for Signatories.
- The Investor Forum convened 100+ investors, executives, senior investment professionals, business leaders in digital financial services, tech innovators for financial inclusion. Investors included: social and impact investors; institutional investors; private equity, venture capital and early stage investors; public equity and debt funds; family offices and foundations; development and international finance institutions.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO
IFC Contact: Kira Krown (email@example.com)
SPTF Contact: Katie Hoffmann (firstname.lastname@example.org)