- This event has passed.
Financial Literacy Summit 2017 – Overcoming Barriers to Universal Financial Education
April 12 @ 8:00 am - 12:15 pm
Visa Inc. and the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago celebrate their 11-year partnership co-hosting the Financial Literacy Summit. The 2017 program focuses on bridging gaps and overcoming barriers to universal financial education. The Summit will explore global challenges, including the gender gap and harnessing innovation in technology to improve financial education. The event convenes senior international financial education experts from governments, the financial services industry, NGOs, the news media and academia.
Who should attend
- Government policymakers from economic and education arenas worldwide, including regulators and lawmakers
- Non-governmental organization leaders
- School administrators and educators teaching financial literacy
- Members of international and regional economic organization
- Charitable foundations that support community and economic development
- Academics researching or developing financial literacy curricula
- Journalists covering personal finance, economics, government and education
- Mobile technology experts
Key questions that will be addressed
- Which financial education solutions have been the most effective in expanding equal access for people of all ages worldwide?
- How does equal access to financial education tools and resources change by region?
- Which demographic is most at risk for not having equal access to financial education tools?
- What are the best practices for providing equal access to financial education?
- Which financial literacy initiatives for improving personal finance levels have the greatest potential of reaching people of all ages?
- How have innovation and mobile technology expanded access to financial education tools which helps individuals improve their money management skills?