- This event has passed.
faiVLive: DIGITAL FINANCIAL SERVICES, INCLUSION, EXCLUSION AND THE FUTURE OF PRO-POOR FSPs
June 26 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
The pandemic has raised the profile of digital financial services, which have enabled amazingly rapid distribution of social support funds and may provide a path forward for delivering financial services safely and at scale. But there are important questions left to consider about the roll-out and ultimate impact of DFS:
1) How to onboard those who aren’t digital, especially the illiterate and innumerate, when in-person training isn’t possible?
2) How to ensure that agents are protected and provided with the necessary resources?
3) How to ensure digital security for people who are not sophisticated users of technology?
4) How will MFIs who have to offer both physical and digital channels afford to do so, especially given the budget crunch they are already facing?
5) Will MFIs lose their best customers to digital-only platforms and what does that mean for their sustainability?
We’ll tackle these hard questions with leaders from around the world, including:
* Tamara Cook, CEO, FSDKenya
* Salah Goss, SVP, Government & Development, Mastercard
* Moonmoon Shehrin, Digital Cluster Manager, Microfinance, BRAC
* Gregory Chen, Lead Financial Sector Specialist, CGAP
* Graham Wright, Group Managing Director, MSC
Supported by the Mastercard Impact Fund, in collaboration with Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth