- This event has passed.
COVID 19 | MANAGING FIELD RESEARCH WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING UNDER LOCKDOWN
April 30 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
COVID-19 is literally changing everything about us including how we will undertake social and development research involving field research and interactions/interviews with variety of respondents for data collection. A key fallout of COVID-19 has been the sudden and indefinite deferment of all field visits and research for data collection – coupled with growing uncertainty looming large on the prospect of upcoming field research. Embracing the social distancing norm has led to substantially reduced social interaction outside homes, hence, reduced avenues for social and business networking in the marketplace. These are seen to yield lower research outputs, and therefore, require urgent thinking and discussion on the course of research going forward. How will these factors impact the research activities? What kind of research needs to continue under lockdown, and how?
• Lorisa Canillas, Sr. Investment Manager, Cordaid Investments (Sierra Leone)
• Prerna Saxena, IFC – The World Bank Group (India)
• Sugandh Saxena, Head, SRO, Microfinance Institutions Network – MFIN (India)
• Amrik Cooper, Director of Customer Success, SurveyCTO @Dobility Inc. (South Africa)
• Dr Shahid Perwez, Sr VP and Head of Research, M-CRIL (India)