- This event has passed.
Africa Microfinance Week 2017
October 9, 2017 @ 8:00 am - October 13, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
The African Microfinance Week (referred to as the SAM, based on the French acronym) is a major conference dedicated to the development of financial inclusion in Africa that takes place every two years, with the next SAM taking place from the 9th to the 13th October, 2017, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The conference will involve a whole week to:
- meet the major players in inclusive finance in Africa: public and private investors, MFI directors, innovators, and researchers;
- build new partnerships and strengthen current business relations;
- extend and develop your network of contacts;
- share innovative best practices;
- accelerate financial inclusion on the continent.
– Investor’s Fair: a networking event for investors and African MFIs, organised as speed-dating sessions that encourage the creation of new partnerships between these actors.
– Innovation Fair: presentation of innovative tools and services for national, regional and panafrican use that can improve the performance of MFIs as they support SMEs.
– Research Meets Africa: discussion between international and African researchers and professionals about the development of the inclusive finance sector in Africa.
– other related events: 20 free and paid trainings/workshops, plus a Gala Dinner.